Thursday 19 February 2009

Winter Knit Obsession


I just got an fabulous catch-up email from an old friend who asked me what I was up to, knitting-wise this winter. This winter I've been completely obsessed with handwarmers. I can't stand gloves, mittens are a pain, so this falls awesomely in the middle. I told her about my very first pattern that I made and said I would post it here. It's a super easy pattern derived from a knitty pattern and I changed the ribbing, thumb and length.
The cables are a braided kind, but you can easily change that by making some alterations in the ribbing, if that is too much to bother with. Cables are easy, but a bit of a pain.
I'll write up the real pattern if anyone wants it, but here at least is a picture. It's knit with a fantastic alpaca yarn a friend of mine gave me for Xmas, but I think would be fine in any sport weight yarn.
Here's a picture of me looking unexpectedly sleepy, after 11 hours of sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment