Monday 6 April 2009

Makin' cheese and polenta, then putting them together


In an effort to make ourselves feel better for missing Nina's birthday, we decided to gorge ourselves on polenta and home-made cheese in an open 'lasagne' situation. Taking some fantastic cues from the wonderful lady at 'fatfree vegan' we made a totally not vegan option, that I am soon going to make into a not even vegetarian situation.


Basically it comes down to 
a) Making polenta, and I added some bay leaves and dried herbs to the water. I forgot that I find making polenta mindnumbingly boring, but the result is so awesome that I'm going to suck it up and do it again.
b) Making cheese. The best thing I ever learned how to do, and I can't believe I just learned. It's  SO. FREAKIN. EASY
c) Making some vegetables, adding the cheese to it.
d) Making some tomato sauce. We used a can of chunky tomato                                                         sauce and then added some onions and other deliciousness.


If there was more time available I would have correctly baked it, but I didn't care and it was so incredible as it was. We just make a pile. I now love polenta more than life itself, although it doesn't make up for not being able to eat bread.


NEXT TIME...or sometime sooner than later, I read a recipe in a magazine for baked sweet potato wedges with ginger, honey and cumin. Um, yum?

OK, back to work!

p.s. I have an unhealthy addiction to pineapples at the mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment