Monday 23 March 2009

FOOD & a Vacation





Back from an AMAZING trip back home to Australia and just had my first day back at work - into the deep end, the only way to return from a vacation.





Faced with a decent sized kitchen, draws of exciting accouterments and a food processor I couldn't resist cooking. Anyone who knows me
also knows -


1. I'm a feeder (I prefer enabler haha) and I talk about food ALL the time.
2. I love to preach, or rant, both good ways to lose people's attention.


I love, love being a fake vegetarian or pescitarian episcopalian (not the latter, just think they kind of work well together). So naturally I had to do some cooking and rave on to my gorgeous family about how to cut fat when cooking, what's freakin crazy good for you and how awesome Susan V. at the fatfreevegan.com is. Answer: Extremely awesome. They're all pretty health conscious so I always learn from them too.


Some things I made -

1. Fava beans or foul mudammes
2. Egyptian Tomato and Cucumber Salad
3. Orange, Mint and Pistachio Almond Meal Cake (my Mum always gets me to make this when I'm home)
4. Tonnes (capital T) of Hummus
5. Quinoa Paella
6. Rice Paper Raw Spring Rolls with Chili, Mint, Peanut, Ginger & Coconut Dust (my brother asked what the sawdust inside was, so there it is)
7. Tomato & Turmeric Moong Dal
8. Tzaziki (just bc it's crazy delicious)


I ate this bircher muesli in Byron Bay for breakfast with two strong, strong cups of coffee after camping and a gigantic walk across the beach up to the lighthouse there. The photo of me eating fish and salad was on the beach there, and the one of the first photos is another fab breakfast down at Bondi Beach in Sydney with my beautiful sister Janeyo.

Holy crap we ate some much good food, some highlights, bbqd salmon, felafel kebabs, barramundi and smoked trout, cheeses, my Mum's killer yum ratatouille, a leaning tower of frosting, carrot cake and toffeed nuts, artichoke and cheese heart attack dip and the MOST incredible, incredible CHERRY PIE. I'd never eaten it before and it rocked my world - didn't expect the cinnamon.

Jess, Brittany and I are planning some kind of quinoa extravaganza, so get excited bc we're on the hunt to find it, and then cook it up and destroy it. Hopefully there will be some time to take a photo :)

Great to be back in the High, with Craig, gorgeous friends and stinky Foxy cat.

xXXXXXXXXXXXXClaire (and the fish!! they're alive and kicking!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment