Monday 2 March 2009

Claire!!!! She's only been gone since Friday, but I miss her anyway

Dear Claire, here is what happened over the weekend.

I was going to do some awesome making of breakfast bars this weekend, but then I realized that my cereal of choice for said breakfast bars contains wheat flakes, and sigh...I have to give up on the delicious delicious breakfast cereal idea all together. So it's going to have to be an oat/bran based bar. Maybe some soy flour, but apparently that's actually quite hard to bake with. I need to do more research.

Brittany and I took a giant bike ride through what was supposed to be a sunny day but ended up being a cloudy, cold and windy day. We went to Origins, which is a beautiful, delicious, organic and can be vegetarian brunch in Taikang lu. I highly recommend we go there when you get back. They also have slammin lunch specials. Also for the brunch you can get a 'bowl' of coffee, which is perfect.

After we went to Marks and Spencer and got a bunch of canned soups and tins of organic tomatoes, which is so so so so so exciting I could pee. I think that on Wednesday night I'm going to make a big pot of lentil soup and then I can maybe freeze some of it for delicious eating next week.

Erika sent me an email and said that she wants to do more vegetarian cooking, and I don't know if you know her but she's super fun. So next time we cook we'll try and invite her. She also has a wicked kitchen, so we should try and convince her to let us cook there. I cooked one of the Thanksgiving turkeys there.

Today at work was fun, I had a few meetings, made a presentation, did some power-pointing (I'm about to do more, I also learned how to do screen capture shots on Friday, so that made me feel awesomely special.)

I hope you're having a great time in Australia, and are going to blog about how much fun you're having and the awesome things you're buying for use when you get back.

Miss you!!!!
Jessi

No comments:

Post a Comment